Client Interview Skills
Business is built on strong client relationships. We all know this
is true, so how about giving some specific and measured thought to
our client interviews? Even experienced client managers, who conduct
regular customer interviews, can improve the planning process, the
agenda-setting, the customer-experience or the interview environment.
It all starts with listening and ends with better service and more business.
Gain confidence in meeting with clients and to perform more effectively in
your role. Understand why some interviews fail to achieve their objectives.
Develop a check-list to ensure nothing is left to chance. Learn to handle difficult
situations. Identify how to put your clients at ease.
There’s plenty of opportunity for practice in simulated client interviews
on this energetic, experiential course.
The Client Interview Skills program covers the following major content
areas, plus more;
- The power of effective communication
- The importance of preparation
- Understanding your client
- Creating a positive atmosphere
- Exchanging information (the interview)
- Handling difficult clients
- Maximising client understanding
- Time management
- Tips for continual improvement
2 days (or custom tailored to your specific needs)
- Explain the importance of communication in client interviews and to identify the “do’s” and “don’ts” of effective communication.
- Explain the importance of preparation prior to client meetings and how specific steps can enhance the communication process.
- Identify and explain the recommended steps in conducting a positive client interview, maximising the efficiency of information transfer and understanding.
- Explain methods of handling difficult clients and problems that arise within a client interview.
- Identify and explain key time management tips relevant to meetings and client interviews.
»return to library