Financial Analysis & Credit Training (FACT)
If youíre entering the lending industry, or if youíve been there for a couple of years, this is the course that will equip you to speak knowledgably to your clients as well as to your peers. You will experience a detailed discussion of all the main issues in the lending industry, and emerge ready to win in this rewarding market.
The Financial Analysis & Credit Training program focuses on the following major content areas;
- The Lending Process
- Business Structures
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- The Income Statement
- Analysis of the Balance Sheet
- The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash Flow Forecasts
- Financial Ratio Analysis
- Credit Assessment
- File Notes
- The Lending Contract
- Security Items
- Managing Deteriorating Credits
5 days (or custom tailored to your specific needs)
- Describe the lending process.
- Explain the differences amongst different business entities.
- Explain the five main financial statements required by a lender.
- Describe the items on a clientís Income Statement that require scrutiny by a lender.
- Explain why profitability does not guarantee that a business can satisfactorily service its borrowings.
- Explain and interpret the key items on the Balance Sheet and their effect upon the lenderís risk.
- Interpret and analyse a Cash Flow Statement.
- Describe a CFF.
- Explain why lenders require the provision of accurate CFFs from customers.
- Interpret and analyse a CFF to assess whether or not a customer has sufficient cash to meet the ongoing financial obligations of their business.
- Analyse a firmís financial statements using financial ratio analysis.
- Interpret the importance of verbal and non verbal communication in building and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Explain how to conduct a successful client interview.
- Deal with difficult customers effectively.
- Explain the key elements of the credit assessment process.
- Describe the factors which affect a file note as a professional, accurate and concise business record.
- Explain the purpose and scope of a lending contract.
- Explain how covenants and the review of customer behaviour assist in effectively monitoring the lenderís exposure to a customer lending group.
- Identify the common security items and the process involved in securing business lending.
- Outline the supporting factors for the prevention and detection phases of the credit risk assessment process.
- Implement the steps associated with the detection phase of a possible weakening credit.
Ľreturn to library